March 20, 2012

The Look Bag - March 2012

Hello, Beautiful!

I signed up for The Look Bag in January, meaning I should have received my first shipment in February but it never showed up. After some emails and phone calls, I finally got the problem resolved and they refunded me for my February shipment and said they'd send out a replacement (which I haven't received), but I did get my March shipment - which is what I'll show you in this post.

For more information on The Look Bag, or to sign-up and start receiving your own shipment every month, CLICK HERE. $10 each month.

Check out everything in my box... click on pics to view them larger.


The Look Bag - March 2012
 







The Included Info Card:
 


Shipment Quick Stats:
  • Value of this month's Look Bag shipment: $33.74 (value is approximate and does not include the value of the Franche Lip Luscious Gloss or the Lady Strawberry soap)
  • Total # of Items Received: 7
  • # of makeup items: 2
  • # of nail items: 0
  • # of skincare items: 5
  • # of body care items: 0
  • # of hair care items: 0
  • # of fragrance items: 0
  • # of other items: 0

Now I'll break it down, product-by-product...

SHEA TERRA ORGANICS Rose Hips Black Soap
  • MY THOUGHTS: I received this in another beauty shipment (I can't remember which one). I liked it, and I like the Shea Terra Organics brand (I'll be sharing with you all two more products in the near future).
  • FULL SIZE: 4 oz @ $18.00
  • SIZE I RECEIVED: 1 oz
  • VALUE: $4.50
 
 




DAMONE ROBERTS The Brow Highlighter in Bling Bling
  • MY THOUGHTS: I thought this pencil was a bit hard; not all that creamy. It's a nice highlight shade - although not sure I'd use it too much.
  • FULL SIZE: 0.050 oz @ $20.00
  • SIZE I RECEIVED: 0.050 oz (full sized item)
  • VALUE: $20.00
 
 
 
 




FRANCHE Lip Luscious in Ice Crystal
  • MY THOUGHTS: This gloss looks so beautiful in the tube - colors change, it's glowing and looks gorgeous. When swatched it still looked pretty, although not as much, and on the lips it completely lost all that unique color changing, glowing and gorgeous-ness. It may show up better over another color, but on its own it's just nothing more than a shiny clear gloss.
  • FULL SIZE: ? not sure of size @ $36.00
  • SIZE I RECEIVED: ? not sure of size, but it's a mini.
  • VALUE: $? unsure
 
 
  
 
 
 
 




LADY STRAWBERRY Mirror Skin Soap in Goat's Milk & Oatmeal
  • MY THOUGHTS: The scent is okay but nothing amazing. I haven't opened this yet but I plan to try it out in the future.
  • FULL SIZE: ? I couldn't find this online, and I didn't have time to do an intense search
  • SIZE I RECEIVED: ?
  • VALUE: $?
 
 




FROWNIES Facial Patches, Facial Lifts, and Immune Perfect Continuous Active Hydration
  • MY THOUGHTS: These products seem interesting and I plan to try them out in the future.
  • FULL SIZE: 144 Facial Patches @ $19.95, 60 Facial Lifts @ $34.95, 50 ml @ $59.00
  • SIZE I RECEIVED: 20 Facial Patches, 3 Facial Lifts, 4 ml
  • VALUE: $2.77 -- $1.75 -- $4.72



  




Plus...

  • MY THOUGHTS: They included this invite to the Damone Roberts Salon, which is located in California. To me, as someone in Virginia, this is totally useless. If you live near his salon this is a great event for you to go to, but for everyone else... why even include it in our bag? It's not like I'm going to travel all the way to CA just for this event. Oh well... in the trash it went.
 



Let me know what you think...
Did you receive a Look Bag shipment this month? If so, what are your thoughts? If you don't receive one yet, would you sign up? Discuss in the comments below.



11 comments:

  1. Nice products, I love how the gloss looks on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your look bag was way better than mine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, after seeing yours....I GOT SCREWED. I got a bunch of little things and most of them were crappy "free" type samples. I canceled the same day I got my bag : (

    I'm doing a MUCH BETTER one now--BeautyFix ZOMG that will rock your socks!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. More info on the black soap please? Lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will not be subscribing to me this is not worth my 10 dollars. I would rather spend 10 dollars on something I love not something that is just ok.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I heard the soap is from an small etsy shop called Lady Strawberry but they only have two sales so kinda odd. The logo is the same as the one on your soap.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ The Crafty Angel: Sorry your bag was such a disappointment. I haven't been impressed so far with this company after not receiving my first bag, and then they say they'll send out a replacement bag but don't. The guy did call yesterday to ask me if I received my bag this month, and I said "yes, I received my March shipment" and he never said anything more about the replacement shipment. I didn't even bother to ask because I was taken off guard by his call and in the middle of driving -- not to mention he sounded less than happy to be calling me. I'm giving them one or two more months to decide, but so far, I'm not even close to being impressed.

    I do like Beautyfix -- I just wish it was more than 4 times a year.


    @ Ashley K: Thanks for that info - and yes, it is a bit odd they'd only have 2 sales, but everyone has to start somewhere. I'm sure this was a great marketing push for their brand and now people will know about them... if only we could easily find them online! The Look Store should at least carry this product, but they don't.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It seems like everyone is coming out with these beauty subscriptions. I think i'll stick to my birchbox and pass on this plus i'm usually looking for more makeup products than for skin care or soaps.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ adthenshesmiled: I agree, they keep popping up everywhere, and I'm addicted to them all LOL. So far, I'm not too impressed with The Look Bag - especially since their website makes it look so much better than it really is. I don't know... probably not going to be sticking with this one too long term.

    ReplyDelete
  10. http://thelookstore.com/brands/lady-strawberry.html

    Lady strawberry products are available. I recieved my bag and the product wasnt available in the site. Shortly after ther it was. Btw the sample is actually pretty good for overall use and i just learned they have an actual strawberry soap made with real strawberry that Im dying to try amongst others

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ Anonymous: Thanks for the heads up; yeah, it wasn't on their site when I wrote up this post but glad they finally put it up.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)