March 7, 2012

My Platinum Box - For Him - March 2012

Hello, Beautiful!

With all the beauty sampling programs out there for us girls, it's easy to forget that there are programs specifically for the men in our life -- such as My Platinum Box. They offer a men's and a women's box, but in this post I'll show you the March 2012 Box For Him.

For more information on My Platinum Box, or to sign-up for your own, CLICK HERE. $10 each month.

Check out everything in my box... click on the pics to view them larger.


My Platinum Box - For Him
March 2012







Shipment Quick Stats:
  • Value of this month's shipment: $15.26 (value is approximate)
  • Total # of items I received: (9 if you include multiples of the same product, or the different scent option for the body wash)
  • # of shave items: (4 if you include multiples of the same product)
  • # of body items: (2 if you include two different scents of the same product)
  • # of skincare items: 1 (3 if you include multiples of the same product)
  • # of hair care items: 0
  • # of fragrance items: 0
  • # of other items: 0


Now I'll break it down, product-by-product...

ANTHONY LOGISTICS Algae Facial Cleanser
  • MY THOUGHTS: I received 3 sample packets of this cleanser. The amount of ounces wasn't listed on any of the sample packets, so I opened one and measured it in teaspoons, then converting teaspoons to fluid ounces, all just so I could estimate a value. After opening the sample packets, I found out the cleanser had a nice blue-green color and a gel consistency. It had a familiar smell... to me, it smelled like that slimy goo you play with as a kid, you know, the kind you get from those $0.25 machines (they're probably $1.00 now-a-days)
  • FULL SIZED: 8 fl oz @ $36.00 
  • SIZE I RECEIVED: each sample packet is approx. 0.33 fl oz
  • SAMPLE VALUE: $1.49 per packet; a total sample value of $4.47


 




ANTHONY LOGISTICS After Shave Balm
  • MY THOUGHTS: I received 3 sample packets of this cleanser. The amount of ounces wasn't listed on any of the sample packets, so I opened one and measured it in teaspoons, then converting teaspoons to milliliters, all just so I could estimate a value. After opening it, this balm had a creamy consistency and a minty scent.
  • FULL SIZED: 74 ml @ $20.00
  • SIZE I RECEIVED: each sample packet is approx. 4.93 ml
  • SAMPLE VALUE: $1.33 per packet; a total sample value of $3.99


 




BILLY  JEALOUSY Hydroplane Super-Slick Shave Cream
  • MY THOUGHTS: The scent was light and the texture was a silky gel. This brand is new to my husband, so he said he'll give it a try soon.
  • FULL SIZED: 8 fl oz @ $20.00 
  • SIZE I RECEIVED: 2 fl oz
  • SAMPLE VALUE: $5.00

 







KYOKU FOR MEN Body Wash
  • MY THOUGHTS: I received two samples of this body wash; one in the scent Earth and one in the scent Water. Since they are both single-use sample packets, I didn't open either of these yet so I can't comment on the scents or formula just yet. My husband said he'll throw these into his travel bag to use when he forgets his soap.
  • FULL SIZED: 8.45 fl oz @ $23.00 
  • SIZE I RECEIVED: 0.33 fl oz
  • SAMPLE VALUE: $0.90 each sample packet; $1.80 total sample value

 

 



QUICK REVIEW:
I wasn't too blown away by this month's box but with any subscription service, you can't judge the service by just one box. For $10 a month, the value of the box was pretty low in comparison to other subscription services, but at least it was more than what you pay. But again, it's just one month to consider so I don't know what previous boxes had and what future boxes will have.

In the March 2012 shipment, there were three brands in the box. That doesn't give my husband much versatility in trying new brands, but I'm lucky to get him to try anything new, lol. As far as the products included, most were free sample packet sizes, so that was a bit of a disappointment as with other boxes the sample sizes are normally deluxe size with maybe the occasional free-sample size packet here or there. In addition, some of the products were repeats of each other, which again, doesn't give you much versatility in trying things. This I guess was slightly disappointing, only because the website shows a different assortment of items in a box... a more promising box of products with various brands and larger sized samples. But again, the next box may have more items in it for all I know.. it's a newer company so there is always room to grow!

There is no info card included with the box, which isn't really a huge deal because I don't use them for much more than writing up the blog posts and then I rarely look at them again. However, for those that want to know more about the products you receive, My Platinum Box does have online tutorials!

Overall, I think it's a nice box for guys to try things out but I do hope the assortment in each box start to look like the website a bit more. I'm interested in to see what will be in the next box!

Now let me know what you think...
Did you receive a My Platinum Box this month? If so, what are your thoughts on your box? Discuss in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)