April 9, 2012

Lancome Teint Idol Ultra 24H Foundation - before & after, swatches, pics, review (shade 360 - Bisque)

Hello, Beautiful!

I've been meaning to share this post with you all for awhile now but haven't gotten around to it. I originally purchased this foundation on HSN, where it first launched, but my order quickly became on back order status and I had to wait nearly a month before it shipped. By then it was already on Sephora's website for sale. Regardless, I really like this foundation. It has great coverage, looks natural, and does have nice staying power. Does it last 24 hours on me? No, but it does last a long time on its own.

Check out my pics, swatches, stats, and review... click on pics to view them larger.

Lancome
Teint Idole Ultra 24H Foundation
Shade: 360 Bisque
 






Lancome - Teint Idole Ultra 24H Foundation
Before & After:


Basic Stats for Lancome Teint Idol Ultra 24H Foundation:
Formula: liquid
Wear: long wear
Coverage: medium to full
Shade Info: currently available in 28 shades
Cost/Availability: $44.00 (1 fl oz full size). Available on Sephora's website and everywhere else Lancome products are sold.
Packaging: squared off bottle with pull-off lid and pump-top applicator
My Rating: 4.5 out of 5 Kisses


Formula:
A smooth, easy to blend, liquid foundation. Created to last up to 24 hours while helping you stay shine-free and touch-up free.

Wear:
This is a long wear foundation. Wears up to 24 hours without needing to touch-up!

Coverage:
Medium to full coverage. Of course can be applied sheer to light depending on application method.

Shade Info:
Currently available in 28 shades.

Cost/Availability:
$44.00 (1 fl oz full size). Available on Sephora's website and everywhere else Lancome products are sold.

Packaging:
Squared off bottle with pull-off lid and pump-top applicator.

Lancome Teint Idol Ultra 24H Foundation Review:
This is a really nice, impressive foundation. For someone like me who has a lot to cover, it's rare to find a foundation that is long lasting and offers coverage. This meets both those needs, although not a true full coverage foundation, it will cover almost all my flaws. Easily layers to build coverage where I need it most, or I could always pair with a concealer.

It glides on effortlessly smooth, blending like a dream and drying down relatively quick. For my oily skin this lasts pretty long on its own, although I still use a setting product with all my foundations for the ultimate wear.

The shade I have, 360 Bisque, works well with my skintone - which in MAC is NC30. It does tend to dry down a little darker and as the day goes on it seems to oxidize a bit but not enough that it looks crazy on me. I may switch to a different shade in the winter, but for now it works really nicely and will continue to work nicely through spring and early summer.

Overall, this is a foundation I've been recommending to friends and family and I'm going to recommend it to you as well!


Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of this foundation? Have you tried this or is this on your wish list? Discuss in the comments below.

14 comments:

  1. I have this foundation in 320 Bisque W and it has a warm yellow undertone, which matches my undertone really well, but it is slightly too dark for my NC30/35 skintone. I also wear L'oreal True Match W4 and MUFE HD 127.

    I have swatches below to compare Lancome 320 Bisque W and my other foundations.

    http://www.makeupbyjoyce.com/2012/03/haul-lancome-teint-idole-ultra-24h.html

    360 has a neutral undertone. I wonder if it is lighter than 320 because the numbering system of this foundation does not go from lightest to darkest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Joyce: I'm not sure if it's lighter or not... I usually wear MUFE HD in 120 or 125 (120 more in the winter, although it's a little light). 360 Bisque works well for me right now... when I ordered from HSN they only had like 5 or 6 shades to choose from. I may have chosen a different shade if I saw all of them on Sephora's site.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like one I should try.

    I have very fair, cool, dry skin. Currently using LG Porcelain Balance & Brighten, Bobbi Brown Porcelain but it has some yellow in it so not a good match. Yellow base products actually makes me look yellow. Not the look I'm going after. LOL
    I have other foundations as well but won't take up space naming them all.

    Please make a suggestion. I'd really appreciate it.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Jane: I would really recommend trying Lancome's Teint Idol Ultra 24H. I really like this foundation for how natural it looks, even when layered, and how good it stays put. One of the foundations I've been recommending a lot lately!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that foundation cover pores, i mean i have alot of opne pores , and i need a good cover that make my pores disappear.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm liking this foundation so far too! I use the same color as you and actually found your blog from google searching reviews on this foundation. I recognize your username from Sephora reviews! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks amazing! Do you happen to remember what brush/method you used to apply? Thanks for your time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Darcee: I used the e.l.f. Studio powder brush.. it's like a flat top brush. I just applied this foundation in circular motions or using a stippling method. I believe for the photo I used circular motions, but I kind of do both. But yes, that e.l.f. studio powder brush is one of my favorites for applying liquid foundation. I seem to almost exclusively use that brush for applying liquid foundations.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello!!

    I'm from brazil and I'm written just to tell you that I love your blog, It have helped me a lot in choosing a perfect foundation shade.

    Thank you so much

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ priscilla: So glad I could be helpful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. tengo el nro 2 lyse rose!!!
    el 007 beige rose ¿ es mas claro??
    porque en argentina :no esta el color 007 beige rose. gracias

    ReplyDelete
  12. Vay, no hay lancome en arg? Como no.?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Elle Martini ::hola!! en argentina no hay lancome en colores palidos.
    no hay 007 ( palido rosa ) y no hay 005 ( palido amarillo)
    tampoco hay por ejemplo en revlon 110 ivory , no hay 150 buff.
    me entiendes?? ;)
    de donde eres??
    besos valeria
    pd: yo soy muy palida pero con subtono rosa y en mac y kryolan no hay colores para mi cara.
    me quedan muy oscuros:: naranjas o amarillos!!
    me entiendes??
    por ejemplo, un dermacolor w1 de kryolan me queda muy amarillo.
    y un mac w15 me queda muy naranja oscuro!!.
    sabes algun truco para hacer un mix para mi tez ( mi color de cara?? ;)
    https://www.facebook.com/vayvinka

    ReplyDelete
  14. tengo piel muy grasa. y quiero solo una fondation para cubbrir acne ocasional, ;)
    tengo 36 años,.!
    no tengo arrugas , solo piel grasa y algunas veces acne
    me gusta mi piel sin base , solo la quiero la base para la cara para cubrir los granitos ( acne).

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)